Thursday, May 9, 2013

Silhouette Weekly Shape Challenge: Banners

The Silhouette Weekly Shape Challenge this week was a great shape that contained six different banners (what a great deal for 99 cents!). I decided to accept the challenge, and I'm glad I did. It pushed me to make more creative Mother's Day cards than I had in my mind originally, and I learned how to use sketch pens. Thanks for the challenge, Silhouette team!


I made six of these, with a variety of background papers. It doesn't show up well in the photo, but I added twine to the banner, which gave the card a little texture. To add a little dimension, I used foam adhesive circles to adhere the banner to the card. 

1 comment:

  1. That is super cute! I just barely got sketch pens recently, and LOVE them. I think they're one of my favorites since they make small lettering easy! :) I love your paper choices and the string you used. I gotta get moving on mother's day cards too!

    ReplyDelete