Sunday, July 17, 2011

Crocheting Newborn Photography Props

I've been unemployed from my full-time job since March 1, 2011. I've been praying about and pondering how I could earn a little extra income from home. I know how to crochet, so the idea of crocheting photography props seemed like a good place to start. We likely will not get rich from crocheted photography props, but, as long as they sell, I think I can make a little money for us. Also, it will give me another creative outlet while I'm at home alone a lot.

I'm so grateful that there are people in the blogosphere who are willing to share their knowledge and create tutorials.

I found a tutorial here for the newborn nesting bowl. It was really easy to follow, and I'm pleased with the final product. I didn't end up with as many rows as the pattern said there would be, but I think a newborn would fit in the nesting bowl if my Cabbage Patch doll does. It's also fairly stretchy.


Crochet Geek is probably my favorite reference blog now. She provides excellent written and video tutorials. I've learned a lot just in a couple of days. I found the pattern I used for this fuzzy newborn hat on her site.

I would really appreciate your prayers as I take a few steps on this journey over the next several days. I purchased enough yarn to make seven newborn nesting bowls. My goal is to post them on Faceboook as I complete them and try to sell them for $20 each. They go for more than that on Etsy, so I think $20 is a good place to start. I'm hoping to get them in the hands of some of my photographer friends who could help me spread the word. We'll see how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment